For the past 70 years, God has faithfully sustained the body of Christ at Philadelphia Baptist. Founded in 1947 by local residents who desired to plant a new church in the area, Philadelphia Baptist has sought to carry the gospel to this community since its inception. Like any church, Philadelphia has seen seasons of vitality and of struggle, but one thing has remained constant throughout the life of this church: our Lord has remained faithful to sustain us in his abundant mercy and grace.
Over the years, God has allowed us to join in his great work of redemption both near and far; taking the good news of the gospel to the people of Cahaba Heights and to people in the farthest corners of the earth. He has filled our pulpit with men who have faithfully proclaimed the gospel of Jesus Christ and pointed us to the sufficiency of His Word. He has sustained us and met our every need. He has satisfied our longing souls and filled us with good things (Psalm 107:9). Indeed, the Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy (Psalm 126:3).